Thursday, January 3, 2008

Why don't you go back to your home on whore island?

1.)
The one thing that grinds my gears(shameless family guy quote) is when people act like they are hard-core Christians and they live for God and then you hang out with them outside of church and in their natural habitat,if you will, and they are complete hypocrites! I know I'm not without sin and I shouldn't be judging....but come on, when you can't remember what you did the night before but you get ready anyway and go to church and lead the youth worship service & give your testimony to younger believers that look up to you, i feel you need to re-evaluate your relationship with God and how serious you are about it. Don't get me wrong, I love God and I'm a God-fearing woman but yes sometimes I sin (who doesn't?) and make mistakes but I do not go to church after a night of alcohol-filled debauchery and sin and say that Jesus is the light of my life and that he is the one who saved me from my ways. Everyone in the youth group sees right through you but since you are the preacher's child,alas, nothing will be done about it. If you're going to talk the talk, then WALK the WALK!!! Come on, it's not that hard...



2.)

Girls who only care about what their hair looks like or what designer purse they are getting next. If you saw the way that other people in your town and maybe even down the street from you are living and you had to trade lives with them for some short amount of time, i bet you wouldn't even think to spend the money that you spend now to buy that new Dooney and Burke Purse or whatever......


3.)
This strike is affecting me too much. I need my office back. Pronto!

1 comment:

Carrots said...

Hi Elly bo belly. Love the name of your blog. Has it always been called that? Me do not remember.

1) As a PK, I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, I'd like to defend my fellow PK club-member... It's extremely hard being a PK and living the life people expect of you. Think about it this way: You're supposed to be *THE* example of what being raised in a good, Christian home is all about. I honestly don't know a single PK who was born, went to church, was saved, and was never truly doubting the faith they've been raised in. Ask me about mine later, but let me put it this way, in short form: From the time I was 11-14, I was an atheist. ADAMENT about their being no God. But, at the same time, I knew that not believing in something was the loneliess (gosh, i cant figure out how to spell that word) i'd ever been. Just having something to believe in really makes people brighten up, and I didn't want to be the cause of anyone losing that. So, even though I didn't believe, I still tried to maintain the "God is good" charade for my friends at church. I didn't want them to fall like I had. And I didn't want God to punish my Dad for my mistakes, and I didn't want to embarass my father. Preists/Pastors are held on SUCH a high pedastool that it's really extremely hard for them when something goes wrong. I can explain it more later, but really, just be a little lighter on the PKs. I'm not saying we shouldn't point out hypocriticism or expose it; i'm just saying (and please don't take offense) that PKs have an extremely hard life, harder than anyone in the congregation can imagine. There is a lot of inner turmoil that comes with the job description, and it's not a job you picked.

2) Amen, sister. I'll drink the blood of Christ to that one!

3) Me too, me too.

4) REasons I love you: Can't count 'em all.